When Brad Templeton needs help with his Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) equipment, he calls the Case IH AFS Support Center. The technicians are always ready and willing to assist customers. Have you called the center? If so, tell us your experience.
Templeton farms with his brother, David II, and his father, David Sr., near Brighton, Tenn. They each have their own farms but they share equipment and resources. Since 2008, they’ve been ahead of the curve by “easing into” AFS desktop software, yield monitors and telematics.
“The support engineers have really helped,” says Templeton. “If I have a question, I can usually call the AFS Support Center staff and they can walk me through it.”
Here are some examples of how he’s used the Case IH resource specialists:
- Setting up the GPS antenna on his 1200 pivot planter that had an AFS Pro 600 monitor in 2008
- Finding the right control for applying variable-rate liquid fertilizer on his corn
- Receiving assistance to customize prescriptions for variable-rate seeding
- Getting the right settings for his atypical cell phone RTK system
- Fine-tuning the settings for guidance on his Steiger® tractor
He’s also fortunate to have great resources at his dealership, H&R Agri-Power, formerly Willie German Equipment Co., in Somerville and Brownsville, Tenn. “The folks there have been a big help and always answer my questions,” says Templeton.
He tries to stay on the leading edge of technology and is “connecting” his farm through telematics. “The support line will be my go-to source as I incorporate this technology into my operation,” he says.
“We like our Case IH equipment, and the Case IH AFS support folks have helped me a lot,” continues Templeton. “I’m pretty particular and these folks have been great over the phone. I have only good things to say about them.”