Mark Burns, Case IH marketing manager for application equipment, covers sprayer topics in this series. In his final guest blog post, Mark shares five ways to get the most from your sprayer. Improving efficiency is one more way we’re helping you Be Ready for the future.
Sprayer technology has improved considerably over the years, but to maintain performance, it’s important to take care of your sprayer and use it to its full capabilities. Here are five ways to help maximize sprayer efficiency:
- Maintain and calibrate the spray system. Proper maintenance and calibration will help you achieve the correct application. It also minimizes the need for resprays from underapplication or chemical burn from overapplication.
- Streamline your tendering operation. Make your tank-filling timeframe as short as possible. This could mean sizing fill lines to maximize tendering potential. For example, switching from a 2-inch fill to a 3-inch fill can cut tendering time in half. You can also have your chemical added through an educator on the sprayer or tendering unit while filling.
- Utilize automated boom-folding features. This action helps reduce time spent on the end of the field individually folding booms in and out.
- Use turret-style nozzle bodies. Turret-style nozzle bodies allow for installation of different sizes and types of tips on one body, which makes it easier to switch tips when changing chemicals or application rates.
- Plan out your application strategy. Having a plan to spray fields minimizes transport time and improves efficiency. Time spent moving from field to field, especially when “roading” a sprayer, has a huge impact on sprayer efficiency.
Follow these suggestions to help ensure a higher return on your investment and keep your machine running smoothly for the long haul.
Do you have some tips to share? We’d like to hear them and any other comments you may have about spraying. Learn more about how Case IH Patriot® Series sprayers can help you Be Ready to meet the needs of a growing population.