Setting up your crop for success starts with setting up your planter for success. The new Case IH Tiger-Mate® 255 field cultivator creates the ideal high-efficiency seedbed that allows your planter to perform at its full potential, giving your crops the best opportunity to achieve theirs.
A slow-to-emerge uneven crop can haunt you all the way through harvest. Analysis of university studies across the Midwest shows that in cornfields where as few as one in five plants lags due to late emergence, yields drop by 4 percent to 8 percent. 1 Researchers tie many of those losses to seedbed quality. Factors, such as seeding depth, crop residue distribution and soil moisture and temperature can slow germination, seedling development and crop emergence.
From soil surface to subsurface floor, the new Tiger-Mate 255 provides the consistent conditions crops need for fast, uniform emergence. When paired with Case IH Early Riser® planters, the Tiger-Mate 255 can help you achieve maximum yield potential by combining the high-efficiency seedbed with the ultimate in seed placement accuracy.
The Tiger-Mate 255 builds on the Case IH legacy of seedbed preparation. A redesigned shank assembly, tool-free leveling and a more rugged frame — allowing for operating speeds up to 10 miles per hour —help you accomplish more each day. Built on the principles of Case IH Agronomic Design™, the new field cultivator effectively manages crop residue, breaks up soil clods and puts the finishing touches on the seedbed for optimal seed-to-soil contact, robust root development and even seedling emergence. Other new and enhanced features include:
- A rugged new shank assembly meets the challenges of higher field speeds with 20 percent more holding power than previous models. It balances force and flexibility to keep Earth Metal® sweeps parallel to the ground for a consistently smooth surface and flat subsurface floor, regardless of field conditions and speed. From stronger compression springs to larger pivot bolts and hardened pivot-point bushings, the 11/16-inch thick shank is built to withstand the rigors of high speeds and fast-changing field conditions.
- Our proven split-the-middle sweep pattern, combined with 6.5-inch shank spacing, ensures 100 percent sweep coverage for maximum soil mixing and improved residue flow, even at higher speeds.
- High-concavity shanks break down tough clods and provide more consistent residue movement and optimal mixing.
- A new single-point hydraulic control makes it quick and easy to fine-tune depth to accommodate varying field conditions.
- An optional floating hitch allows the Tiger-Mate 255 to run independently of the tractor for better ground following and improved depth consistency on uneven terrain.
- Industry-exclusive, long-lasting stubble-resistant radial tires have a greater footprint to reduce compaction and improve flotation and durability.
- Multiple harrow options — including a new 3-bar spike-tooth Advanced Conditioning System (ACS) harrow with formed TigerPaw™ Crumbler® rolling reel — help you achieve your desired soil finish.
The redesigned shank assembly on the Tiger-Mate 255 balances strength and flexibility to create an ideal seedbed at speeds up to 10 miles per hour.
Unveiled at this week’s Farm Progress Show, the Tiger-Mate 255 is available in single-fold widths ranging from 22 feet 2 inches to 35 feet 2 inches and in double-fold models from 37 feet 5 inches to 60 feet 1 inch. Heavy-duty components throughout help ensure reliable, low-maintenance operation.
Get a first-hand look at our latest industry-leading seedbed preparation implement throughout the fall farm show season. Or talk to your Case IH dealer about how a high-efficiency seedbed can help increase your operation’s production potential.
LEARN MORE HERE
Brochure: Tiger-Mate 255 field cultivator
Case IH tillage equipment