Whether you’re putting down fertilizer during the spring or fall, the window is tight. Knowing that approaching weather can slam it shut doesn’t help you rest any easier. But a new coulter option for the Nutri-Placer 930 fertilizer applicator can ease some of that pressure.
[Tweet “Fertilize 500+ acres per day with the new coulter option on the Nutri-Placer 930. Via @Case_IH”]Capable of speeds up to 11 mph, the new High-speed Low Disturbance (HSLD) option can help you cover 510 acres in a 12-hour day1 for increased productivity, lower tractor hours and reduced fuel consumption.
Extensive field tests prove the toolbar’s increased efficiency and superior agronomic performance. The Nutri-Placer 930 HSLD provides better residue cover and significantly fewer clods and reduces lateral soil movement compared with other coulter-style applicators. This ideal seedbed finish is essential for preserving valuable ground cover in highly erodible land and heavy, no-till corn conditions.
Achieving that uniform field finish starts with the new 22.6-inch single-coulter-blade design. It effectively cuts through residue with minimal disturbance for improved soil and moisture retention that helps properly seal nutrients and reduce runoff. With the ability to provide better residue cover in tough, fast-changing conditions, the Nutri-Placer 930 HSLD helps you stay in the field during fall, preplant and side-dress applications for a greater return on investment.
The Nutri-Placer 930 HSLD also lessens your environmental impact by minimizing field nutrient loss and maximizing crop uptake. That’s especially important to Case IH and our partnership with the 4R Nutrient Stewardship initiative.
The enhanced row unit on the Nutri-Placer 930 fertilizer applicator is designed to maximize productivity and crop nutrient uptake.
A row unit built for High-Efficiency Farming
From the coulter to the closing system, cast-iron components, reduced maintenance and Agronomic Design™, every element of the enhanced row unit on the Nutri-Placer 930 HSLD delivers results:
- 22.6-inch single coulter: Cuts through residue with minimal soil disturbance and reduced plugging at speeds up to 11 mph. A 4-degree blade angle opens a precise slot for accurate nutrient placement.
- Cast-iron knife: The spring-loaded knife features carbide inserts for extended wear and protection for the fertilizer tubes. A separately replaceable Beaver Tail design with tungsten carbide weld aids in nutrient sealing.
- Wiper wheel: In addition to holding soil in place while the coulter opens a slot, the wiper wheel eliminates soil and residue buildup on the coulter blade.
- Closing system: Two-stage closing system features a SharkTooth® blade to collapse and close the slot, followed by a press wheel to level and firm the soil.
- No-tools-required spring down force pressure and pivot range adjustments make changes quick and easy.
Other new features, including radial tires, LED lighting and weight kits, help enhance your productivity and efficiency. So talk to your Case IH dealer about how the new HSLD coulter can help you more effectively help your crop achieve its full yield potential.
1Based on 85 percent in-field equipment efficiency.
LEARN MORE HERE