We’ve all seen the pictures of field-ready seeding equipment dusted with — and occasionally buried in — snow. Those reminders raise the question: Is there a planting season more volatile than spring in spring wheat country?
Certainly, unpredictable conditions make spring a challenging time across every geography.
But with an already short season, spring wheat growers know they have to be prepared. And across those northern climes where the seasons can flip fast, being ready starts with seeding equipment. Here are some tips to help you prepare for whatever Mother Nature has up her sleeve this year:
- Start with your operators manual. It is the definitive resource for your seeding equipment. Reacquaint yourself with the manual. It provides the depth and detail you need to help you prepare, maintain and adjust your equipment.
- Download and review our productivity tips booklet for Precision Disk™ 500 and 500T single disk air drills. It provides quick, easy access to all types of information, including:
- Storage removal steps
- Pre-seeding inspection checklists
- Adjustments and settings
- Operational tips
- Product metering calibrations are critical to accurately apply the correct seeding rates and are recommended at the beginning of the season, when changing crops or seed meter rolls and at other times during the season. Watch this video for an easy-to-follow calibration process.
- Work with your Case IH dealer. Only your Case IH dealer has what it takes to protect your equipment investment. From genuine Case IH parts to diagnostic techniques that can spot important maintenance issues before they become costly repairs, your dealer is trained by the organization that made your machine. Trust them to help keep your equipment humming.
With your seeding equipment in top condition, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that when your fields are fit, you’ll be ready to give this year’s wheat crop the best opportunity possible to reach its full yield potential. And that’s a great start to the growing season.
LEARN MORE HERE
Read about our new Precision Air™ 5 series air carts
Download the Precision Disk 500 and 500T air drills brochure