It’s National FFA Week and I want to alert FFA members, and all of those who support them, about a great opportunity to participate in the 2012 New Century Farmer Conference. Case IH is a sponsor of this five-day, intensive program that, in cooperation with the National FFA Foundation, is intended to help young, prospective agriculturalists see the exciting opportunities available to them in the 21st century.
It’s a collegiate-based program for students interested in production agriculture who want to pursue farming upon completion of college. If this sounds like you, then sign up today!
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, March 15, 2012, at 5 p.m. EST. Winners will receive an all-expense-paid trip to this educational conference July 8-14, 2012, in Des Moines, Iowa. During the conference you will:
- Discover how producers can profit from value-added products and the use of technology.
- Explore new farm business opportunities and develop business alliances with other producers.
- Study behavioral changes that enable young producers to overcome common challenges.
- Discuss topics including: farm succession, sustainable agriculture, new and emerging farm machinery, international trade, and ag marketing.
- Establish a network with a select group of business professionals excited about pursuing a career in production agriculture.
- Gain an understanding of how banks view your operation.
- Grow personally and professionally and create a vision statement for your operation.
More information and applications can be found at www.ffa.org/collegiate.
Have you attended the New Century Farmer Conference? Was it a good experience? What did you learn? Comment below. We’d love to hear from you!