With AFS Connect, the Management Zone and Prescription creation tools can use existing soil topography data or previous applications to generate new variable-rate prescriptions and management zones that are perfectly suited to your fields.
Prescriptions in AFS COnnect can be generated for everything from tillage to fertilizer application, spraying, and planting or seeding. You can use pre-existing automated activity layers, machine data or even soil layers as the basis for creating your prescription management zones. By default, each one of your fields should automatically have a soil layer assigned to it. However, it’s also possible to use layer data uploaded via an RCD data upload.
After you have generated a management zone:
- Open the Add icon (+)on your horizontal map navbar and select the Rx prescription option under the Add Work heading.
2. After you’ve put in the basics, the next screen allows you to assign an activity to the prescription. The Create Activity switch allows to create a pending activity for the prescription and assigns it automatically into your activity calendar. Once you’ve created an activity, hit Next.
3. Select the data layer you’re using for the prescription and hit Next.
4. The next screen allows you to fill in the specifics of the prescription, including the variable rate information for each management zone. Once you’ve filled in the details, hit Finish.
Closing the Process Status window has no effect on the Rx upload. You can check the upload status at any time by selecting the Process Status option located under the Welcome menu on the right-hand side of your map screen.
Your AFS Connect account gives you the option to export your farm data in a variety of ways, including the ability to send AB Guidance lines, implement offsets and send prescriptions directly to equipment that’s synced to your farm.
To export a prescription:
- Open the Export tool, located on the map’s horizontal navigation bar.
- To send your prescription directly to a machine, simply choose the type of file you want to send, edit the file name and select the Send to Machine option. This will bring up a page that allows you to choose your file destination.
- Once you’ve selected a profile name, you can specify the datasets you want included in your export. Toggle the Include Prescriptions switch, select the prescriptions you want to include and hit Next.
- Review the contents of your export and hit Finish.
That’s it! You’ve now generated a variable-rate prescription and sent it to your in-field machinery.
To learn more about AFS Connect, visit CaseIH.com or contact your local dealer today.