Seeding windows are tight for winter wheat — about three weeks in most regions. The same goes for cover crops or forages for late-season grazing. It’s a good idea to prepare your seeding equipment now before fall work inches up your priority list.
Stand establishment is among the most critical factors in helping your winter wheat crop reach its full yield potential.1 Case IH Precision Disk™ air drills are renowned for high-capacity air seeding and providing the consistent seed placement and better seed-to-soil contact that are so critical to a fast-emerging, uniform stand. Although the row unit and frame design simplify adjustment and maintenance, performing these checks before you head out can help you be more efficient once you get there:
- Your operators manual is the definitive resource for your seeding equipment. Reacquaint yourself with the manual. It provides the depth and detail you need to help you prepare, maintain and adjust your equipment.
- Download and review our productivity tips booklet for Precision Disk 500 and 500T single disk air drills. It provides quick, easy access to all types of information, including:
- Storage removal
- Pre-seeding inspection checklists
- Adjustments and settings
- Operational tips
- Focus on common wear points and parts, including seals and bearings, and ground-engaging components, such as the opener disk. If it’s worn below the bevel, it’s time to replace.
- Check air tubes and hoses and seals on the tank for leaks.
- Tighten depth control components and press wheels. Any play here can result in seed-trench inconsistencies, and, thus, in seed placement.
- Product metering calibration is critical to accurately applying the desired seeding rates and are recommended at the beginning of the season, when changing crops or seed meter rolls and at other times during the season. Watch this video for an easy-to-follow calibration process.
- Work with your Case IH dealer. From genuine Case IH parts to diagnostic techniques that can spot important maintenance issues before they become costly repairs, only your Case IH dealer has what it takes to protect your equipment investment.
- Your Case IH dealer also offers maintenance and repair kits that can help get you back in the field faster with what you need, when you need it. Consider these benefits:
- Kits feature premium OEM parts for unrivaled compatibility.
- Each kit is assembled with all the required repair parts and hardware.
- Parts are covered by a six-month warranty.
- Kits are cost-effective, compared with buying each part separately.
With your seeding equipment properly prepped, you can focus your attention on other tasks with peace of mind knowing that you’re ready to hit optimal seeding windows.
LEARN MORE HERE