Whether spring already has sprung on your farm or winter won’t quite let go, it’s time to put the finishing touches on readying your operation for the hectic days ahead.
Generally, routine and preventive maintenance is much more efficient and cost-effective than making repairs. Although you can’t eliminate breakdowns, working through this list can help shorten downtime and keep the wheels turning this spring.[Tweet “Preventive maintenance can boost productivity all planting season long. Via @Case_IH #BeReady “]
- Prepare farm data collection and storage for the new season. The Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) Support Center can help ensure you’re all set for the season.
- Change oil and filters; top off hydraulic and coolant fluids; use only Case IH maintenance products.
- Grease and lube all equipment as recommended.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in place, including shields and guards and chemical safety goggles, gloves and other required personal protective equipment. Confirm first-aid kits are stocked and accessible and fire extinguishers are recharged.
- Prepare the next piece of equipment, whether for tillage, planting, spraying or haying.
- Clean or replace engine and cab air filters.
- Check air pressure on all tires.
- Use our online weighting and ballasting calculator to help improve tractor efficiency.
- Ride fences and look for loose wires, leaning or broken posts and rickety gates. Preventive fencing can save you from rounding up livestock when you’re trying to finish up a field ahead of an approaching spring storm.
- Check your on-farm fuel storage and ensure supplies are adequate.
- Familiarize yourself with the Case IH Partstore and the online MyShed™ The MyShed mobile app — available for Apple and Android devices — can help you quickly locate and order parts and accomplish so much more.
- Visit our Red and Ready Productivity Hub for productivity tips, maintenance checklists and parts information.
- Clear dust and debris from nooks and crannies, especially around electrical connections.
- Use touch-up paint to protect bare metal from rust and corrosion.
- Wash cab windows and mirrors.
Without fail, unpredictable spring weather will play a big role in when the planting season starts and finishes. Focusing on what you can control will help you Be Ready. Talk with your Case IH dealer about making sure you have the equipment you need and the equipment you have is ready to roll. It’s one of the best ways to have a great start to the growing season.
LEARN MORE HERE
Learn how to use Partstore
Spring productivity tips