Whether you’re wrapping up planting, side-dressing nitrogen, putting up hay or harvesting wheat, make sure you’ve deployed the latest Advanced Farming Systems updates. The new capabilities, enhancements and conveniences can help you be more productive, regardless of the task at hand.
When you download EST8400 Update 7 through the EST update tool, you’ll access several new precision farming features and improvements.
These enhancements provide efficiencies during a time of year when maximum productivity is critical to your success. Here are the highlights:
ISOBUS task controller. Refinements to the user interface, including new run screen windows, improve navigation and provide consolidated viewing for greater ease of use. It also allows seamless operation of ISOBUS-compliant implements, all from the run screen window. This video shows how.
Shapefile import. Shapefiles are widely used across the agricultural industry to make quick in-season changes to variable rate prescriptions. Watch this video to learn about the new shapefile import feature for the AFS Pro 700 display.
Headland boundary drawing tool. With the headland boundary feature for the AFS Pro 700 display, you now can create headland boundaries and headland inner fields. This lets you use the new headland as a trigger for section control. You also can use this new feature with the field swath guidance pattern for a headlands-last or headlands-first operation. These changes provide increased input savings, plus agronomic benefits. This video demonstrates these features.
Other enhancements available with this latest AFS update include:
- The square corner option that lets you choose between rounded-corner or square-corner mode when using the field guidance pattern. You can propagate headland guidance swaths based on your individual preferences or field characteristics.
- The variety tracking display software now can accept grid sizes as small as 6.02 feet, allowing you to more precisely track key hybrid characteristics during harvest.
- AFS Connect customers now can export vehicle performance report data in .xls or .csv format for use in Excel or other statistical software.
We’ve also enhanced the AFS Mapping and Records desktop software with several new features. Highlights of these enhancements include:
- Create a booklet .pdf with any number of soil test, yield, coverage and other maps
- Create crop-comparison graphs
- Make grid-size option selections in job export
- Show point data as polygon/coverage maps
- Simultaneously export data in .cn1 and ISOXML file formats
Extended! Case IH has extended our free AFS Connect program. When you purchase a new Axial-Flow® combine, Steiger® tractor or Magnum™ tractor by June 30, 2016, at participating Case IH dealerships, you’ll be eligible for a free one-year subscription to AFS Connect, including hardware installation.
LEARN MORE HERE
Case IH Owners Community
Advanced Farming Systems brochure