If you think building and maintaining one of the largest social media footprints in agriculture leaves little tractor time, think again. When it comes to helping farmers, Chad Colby is a first-one-in-the-cab kind of guy.
Chad Colby put his drone skills to work this spring to capture the new 2150 Early Riser planter in action.
Today’s blog profiles Chad Colby, a Goodfield, Illinois, tech geek, speaker, pilot, Case IH dealership general manager, industry adviser, television co-host and social media expert. Chad’s excited about technology, agriculture and Case IH products and services.
Here’s what we learned:
- Chad grew up on his family’s central Illinois farm. Computers, yield monitors, auto steer, smartphones, tablets and now drones have fueled his interest in technology. In 2015, he established Colby AgTech to share his tech expertise with agriculture’s most progressive farmers, companies and organizations. To date, Chad has provided information and demonstrations at many U.S. agribusiness companies and organizations and presented at hundreds of conferences and meetings.
- But Chad is just as passionate about agriculture and the challenge to feed the world. “Agriculture grows and transforms through technology advancement,” he says. “Nobody outside farming really understands how sophisticated our equipment is right now.”[Tweet “Meet ag technology trailblazer Chad Colby. Via @Case_IH #BeReady “]
- This spring, Chad became general manager of Central Illinois Ag, a Case IH dealership in the heart of the Illinois prairie. Through the dealership’s full-service locations in Atlanta, Clinton and Farmer City, Illinois, and its parts and sale location in Mason City, Illinois, Chad sees his new role as a way to help farmers take advantage of the latest tech offerings. “Educating farmers is Job 1,” he says. “There is so much to learn in this latest flush of technology; it’s a real challenge. But technology will be critical in doubling global food production by 2050.”
- The Colby family farm always had red equipment. In fact, Chad says, the farm had one of the first Case IH Axial-Flow® combines — a 1440 it purchased in 1978. “Today, Case IH has a machinery lineup like it’s never had before,” he says.
- This spring, Chad had the opportunity to plant several hundred acres with the new 2150 Early Riser® planter. He says it outshines any planter on the market, period. “Several farmers got to see the new Early Riser in action, and, honestly, everyone was really impressed,” he says.
Watch for Chad as he continues to share his expertise with farmers and ag industry groups across the country and around the world. And be sure to give him a follow: @TheChadColby.
LEARN MORE HERE
Chad Colby’s YouTube channel
2000 series Early Riser planter brochure