Efficient use of capital and resources is a priority for everyone in agriculture these days. So is timely application and nutrient delivery. The new Case IH Trident™ 5550 liquid/dry combination applicator delivers on both fronts.
The top priority for Case IH in creating the Trident 5550 was to design a true combination applicator. The result: the industry’s fastest converting combination applicator on a row-crop chassis engineered from the ground up to be changed from liquid to dry and back again throughout three seasons of use.
The Trident 5550 is an all-new single-chassis applicator that quickly converts from liquid to dry and back to liquid, making it a valuable piece of equipment you can rely on preplant, in-crop and postharvest. The Trident 5550 combination applicator gives you the flexibility in a single piece of equipment to meet the demands of fertilizer and crop protection applications.
Fast changeover times for the Trident 5550 combination applicator start with the new Case IH Aerial Lift Device. Three people working outside using a telescoping telehandler have switched the Trident 5550 from liquid to dry in as few as 42 minutes.
Precise liquid and dry applications
The Trident 5550 Liquid System offers the latest Case IH application technology, including AIM Command FLEX™ advanced spray technology. The optional New Leader® NL4500T G4 Edge variable rate dry nutrient applicator uses patented precision spinner technology that allows it to spread dry product faster, wider and more consistently for a new level of precision application.
The MultApplier option increases productivity by allowing application of two dry products simultaneously or independently at straight or variable rates in one pass. A MultiBin option helps you meet the growing demand for micronutrient applications. This option increases application flexibility to four products in a single pass. That means fewer trips across the field for reduced soil compaction, labor and fuel consumption.
Unique, new technology smooths the ride
An exclusive new load-compensating suspension package smoothly handles high-capacity loads and application over a wide range of speeds. The system features a pneumatic cylinder at each suspension joint to help maintain ride quality and load leveling. An engine-powered air compressor supplies the air to the cylinder, which automatically adjusts according to operating mode and load weight.
Features and capabilities of the Trident 5550 liquid/dry combination applicator:
- The Trident 5550 Liquid System features a 1,400-gallon tank, and the NL4500T G4 Edge offers a bin up to 330 cubic feet.
- Right from the seat in the cab, the Trident 5550 combination applicator lets you quickly and easily adjust axle settings in ½-inch increments — no manual stops required.
- Luxury or deluxe Case IH Surveyor™ cab options include features and options designed to keep you fresh and productive.
- The Trident 5550 combination applicator brings together all that Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) offers, including the latest, most advanced precision technology, such as AccuBoom Automatic Boom Section control, AutoBoom™ automatic boom height control and AccuGuide™ autoguidance.
- The Trident 5550 combination applicator is the first applicator featuring factory-available duals in row crop tire sizes.
Talk to your Case IH dealer about how the Trident 5550 liquid/dry combination applicator can help you be more efficient with your equipment investment and in your applications throughout three seasons of use.
LEARN MORE HERE