Ideal planting days are — or soon will be — upon us. How many of those days will you get this spring? How many will you need? If you properly prepare your planter before you pull it through that first field gate, you’ll help make the most of each perfect planting day.
We know you measure planting speed in more than just miles per hour. It’s acres planted that count. But planting speed comparisons help illustrate how important it is to keep your planter rolling (Table 1). Case IH has assembled several tools to help you get your planter field-ready so you can spend more of your day planting.
The planting page at the Case IH Red and Ready Productivity Hub is a great place to start. You’ll find the information you need to help ensure your planter can make it through the season with minimal downtime. Here are the highlights of what you’ll find:
- Use your mouse to roll over the hot spots on the Early Riser® planter to view short video tips.
- Download Early Riser Planter Productivity Tips, a 50-plus-page document loaded with advice, recommendations and tools to help you get the most from your Case IH equipment. In it you’ll find inspection checklists, maintenance schedules and procedures, adjustments and recommended settings, information about integrating your planter with Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) and much more.
- Scroll through the four-part planter maintenance series, covering daily maintenance, the advanced seed meter, the row unit and the bulk hopper.[Tweet “Make the most of every perfect planting day. Via @Case_IH #BeReady #ReThink”]
Although our Productivity Hub is an excellent resource, it’s not a substitute for your operators manual. Spend some time reacquainting yourself with the manual. It provides the depth and detail you need so your planter helps your crop get off to a great start.
As you survey your fields this spring, you might decide some especially challenging conditions require an upgrade to your planter technology. Your Case IH dealer can help you pair our Early Riser planter — and its best-in-the-industry row unit — with the latest technology, including components from Precision Planting®. Best of all, we give you the flexibility to customize your planter precisely how you want.
Step up to the best
If you find during this planting season that you’re running out of ideal days faster than acres to plant, be sure to take a look at our new 2000 series Early Riser planter. Not only does the 2000 series Early Riser let you plant at your speed — from 4 to 10 mph — according to your tillage practices and conditions, we designed it so you get to the field quicker each morning and make the most of the time you spend there. Here’s how:
- Many components — including the metering system and row unit settings — provide tool-free crop changes and adjustments.
- A streamlined design makes service access easy and simplifies adjustments.
- We’ve eliminated all the mechanical components — hex shafts, bearings, couplers, sprockets, chains and clutches — needed to turn a conventional planter.
- Fewer things to go wrong. Reduced, simpler maintenance.
Preparing your planter is one of the first — and among the most important — steps toward a great crop. Make sure you take steps to help it perform to its full potential.
LEARN MORE HERE
Keep up on every post about the new Early Riser planter.
Download our new brochure.