If you’re stuck waiting for your fields to dry out so you can get your crops planted, you’re hoping to avoid similar conditions when you go to harvest them. Outfitting your Axial-Flow® combine with a Mud Hog® rear-wheel assist axle now can improve your harvest — no matter the conditions.
Here are some answers to common question regarding the Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle:
- What is a Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle?
- Think of the Mud Hog axle as an enhancement of an already great machine. It is the first and only technology of its kind, providing 4WD capability to front-wheel drive combines.
- How does the axle help improve harvest productivity?
- A Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle is the best solution for wet conditions. It provides additional traction to help your combine get through muddy fields. Added flotation also helps reduce soil compaction and minimize tracks and ruts. The Mud Hog axle helps make the best of a tough situation.
- How do improved traction and flotation pay off in all types of weather?
- Regardless of field conditions, more traction helps you harvest faster and more efficiently.
- What does improved traction do for combine performance?
- Increased traction helps your combine perform more efficiently, and that’s good for the combine in several ways:
- Increases fuel efficiency
- Creates additional torque for steep grades
- Extends engine life by helping it run cooler
- Reduces strain on the hydraulic system
- Decreases wear on the front tires
- Improves handling and steering
- How does a grower get a Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle on their combine?
- There are a couple of ways to add a Mud Hog axle to your combine. First, the axle is a factory option, so you can specify the option on your new combine order. Alternatively, your Case IH dealer can install a Mud Hog axle on your current combine as an aftermarket solution. If your combine was manufactured within the last 20 years, it’s likely your Case IH dealer has a Mud Hog available for your combine.
- Why should a grower consider a Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle now?
- Think about field conditions today and how they’re limiting your ability to hit optimal planting windows. Now think about how frustrating it is when you can’t harvest your crop on time. Be proactive. Don’t wait until you’re stuck (perhaps literally) with poor field conditions. It’s also a good time to talk to your Case IH dealer about the current valuable offer on the Mud Hog rear-wheel assist axle.
LEARN MORE HERE
Any trademarks referred to herein, in association with goods and/or services of companies other than CNH Industrial America LLC, are the property of those respective companies.