Using AFS Connect, you can create passable and impassable sections of your fields that generate important cutoff points for your in-field machinery. With interior boundaries, you can control variable rates of equipment with incredible precision and maximize the financial potential of fields with total accuracy.
There are two ways to generate interior boundaries in your online portal: by creating buffer field holes around AB lines, or by generating passable and impassable holes within your exterior field boundaries.
Drawing interior boundaries within fields
Here’s how to create passable and impassable boundaries with AFS Connect.
- When creating a new field or editing an existing field, select either the Draw Passable Holes or Draw Impassable Holes buttons under the Draw Holes section of the field record
- Use the map tool provided to begin drawing the interior boundaries required. Passable holes are displayed in blue; impassable holes are displayed in red.
- You can select the Stop Drawing button at any time to deselect the map drawing tool and navigate the map for more precise drawing. Once you are finished drawing your boundaries, select the Done button.
- Your new interior boundaries are now saved to your online database, ready to be wirelessly exported to your in-field machinery or manually uploaded with the rest of your external field boundaries.
Creating Field Holes Around AB Lines
You can create significant buffer zones around AB lines, which serve as important shutoff points for in-field equipment. To generate AB field holes:
- Select the Setup icon, located on your navigation bar.
- Under the Resources main heading, select the AB Guide tab.
- Select an AB guide(s) to edit and select the Create Field Holes button.
- Edit your options and select the Save button.
To learn more about AFS Connect, visit CaseIH.com or contact your local dealer today.