With all of summer’s workload, it’s hard to find time to think about what you need to do to get ready for fall, let alone do anything about it. But handling those tasks now can help you get the jump on the season. And that peace of mind might just help you enjoy summer a little bit more.
In crop production, fall centers around harvest and tillage. Unpredictable weather and the potential for a short season drive home the need for peak operating efficiency and minimal downtime. [Tweet “Summer is a good time to ready your equipment for fall. Via @Case_IH #BeReady “]Ensuring your equipment is well-maintained and field-ready moves you closer to that objective. Here are some suggestions on where to focus your efforts as time allows this summer:
- Visit the combine page at the Red and Ready Productivity Hub. Here you can watch maintenance video tips and review combine productivity tips and tools.
- Download 20 and 30 series or 2300 and prior combine inspection checklists and begin working your way through your combine.
- Contact the parts department at your Case IH dealer to obtain the replacement parts, fluids and filters you need to bring your combine up to snuff.
- If time is short, work with your Case IH dealer to schedule a Certified Maintenance inspection. There’s no more-thorough inspection than one conducted by a Case IH technician.
- Visit the primary tillage page at the Red and Ready Productivity Hub for tillage videos, maintenance tips and more.
- Replace worn sweeps, points or disk blades. Consider upgrading to Earth Metal® components, including Earth Metal Super Sharp™ Edge blades.
- Inspect hydraulic cylinders and hoses for leaks or excessive wear.
- Look for frame cracks on tillage equipment and repair.
If, as you work through maintenance and repairs on your equipment, you determine it’s time for an upgrade, your Case IH dealer can help you find the right new or pre-owned combine or tillage tool for your farm.
LEARN MORE HERE