During the long days of this fall’s harvest, your mind likely wandered — maybe even daydreamed a bit — thinking about next year and the needs of your operation. If you decided it’s time to add, replace or upgrade tractors, how will you decide between tracks and wheels? The good news is, now you can choose either or both.
Choose tracks if you:
- Desire maximum flotation. Soil types vary from farm to farm and from field to field. Tracks can help you minimize compaction.
- Require early field access. Maximizing yield potential often starts with meeting optimum planting dates. Tracks can help put you and your crop in the field sooner.
- Need the most horsepower available. Our Steiger® series tractors feature the most powerful engines on the market today, helping you maximize productivity.
Choose wheels if you:
- Have well drained soils with low compaction characteristics. Case IH offers a number of tire options that provide excellent flotation and traction in a variety of soil conditions. Depending on your specific conditions, tires may provide the traction and reduced compaction you desire.
- Prefer more options in horsepower and frame size. Wheeled tractors are available in each of our families of tractors, from our largest to smallest horsepower offerings.
Choose wheels and tracks if you:
- Need the ultimate in row-crop flexibility. Our new Magnum™ Rowtrac™ tractor combines the benefits of tracks with the maneuverability of mechanical front drive.
- Want a tractor suited to your unique needs. The Magnum Rowtrac offers row spacings to match your specific cropping system. The combination of low compaction, high traction and ease of handling make it well suited to a variety of crops especially specialty crops, such as potatoes, sugar beets and vegetables.
- Want smooth fields from fence line to fence line. Choose the Magnum Rowtrac for reduced berms and minimal soil disturbance in wide or tight turns.
When you’re ready for a more in-depth analysis, turn to your Case IH dealer. He or she can help you match the right horsepower and capabilities with the tools and implements that best fit your farm.
do you have tracks for little tractors like 35 to 50 hp my land get yet pretty good im look to cold to freeze up the water get some cold but lot snow
Sorry to report, Brad, we do not.
I am looking for a Good Servicable,
Used tractor with a minimum Hp,
Of at least 70. I hope that you
Can help me. I do not want Over
A 90hp unit.
We recommend you check with the dealers in your area. If the Case IH dealers near you don’t have exactly what you need, they may be able to locate one at another dealer. You can find your nearest dealers here: http://www.caseih.com/en_us/pages/DealerLocator.aspx
Thanks – and best of luck on your search.
Can the Magnum Rowtrac be used on grass fields to pull a forage harvester without tearing up the sod on a turn?
Steve – The Magnum Rowtrac drives much the same as a Magnum wheel tractor. There is no skidding of the tracks when turning the tractor.