We know the feeling — it’s tempting to park your planter in the shed to catch up on other jobs after you get those last seeds in the ground. But to hit the fields quicker and boost productivity next spring, it’s important to take the time now to make any repairs and properly prep your planter for storage.
Here’s your post-planting season checklist to ensure peak planter performance next year.
Reflect on your planting season.
First and foremost, make notes on how the season went with learnings for next planting season. Which areas of the field gave you the most trouble? How could you have made better use of your time in the field? Which wear parts should you stock up on? This is also a time to document any pain points and fixes needed for next year — trust us, your future self will thank you.
Conduct an inspection and prep for storage.
Routine maintenance tasks can save you headaches in the long-run. Before storing your planter, be sure to:
- Disassemble seed meter units and clear out the seeds and dirt.
- Wipe the seed discs clean and check for wear.
- Check all bearings for rotation, sprockets for wear, and hydraulic hoses for any cracking.
- Clean areas that were in contact with fertilizer and pesticides, if applied.
- To prevent off-season rust, refer to your operating manual for maintenance tips, including using proper lubrication to protect against moisture.
Looking for additional maintenance tips? You can head to our YouTube channel for a step-by-step video to help winterize and prep your planter for storage. To make sure nothing is overlooked, schedule a Certified Maintenance Inspection with your local Case IH dealer.
Invest in planter upgrades.
Planter accuracy can have a significant impact on your crop yield. Now is the time to prepare for next year and upgrade your planter with Precision Planting products — and with special limited-time offers, there’s no reason to wait.
These Precision Planting solutions will help maximize planter ROI next season:
- vDrive – Mechanical drive systems often require costly and time-consuming maintenance. Save time, and breeze through next year’s planting season with this maintenance-free electric drive system.
- SpeedTube – Most planting seasons have weather challenges that make it difficult to plant all your fields in ideal conditions. SpeedTube is a seed delivery system that may allow you to double your planting speed without sacrificing performance.
- DeltaForce – Running a single downforce setting across an entire field causes yield loss because the setting is rarely correct. DeltaForce is an automated row by row downforce control system that measures and adjusts downforce every time there is variability in your field, so your crops will thrive for optimal yields.
Your local Premier Certified Dealer is an ideal one-stop shop for these solutions and to redeem current offers. Find one near you here.
While this year’s challenges are fresh in your mind, devoting time now to tackling these tasks can increase the likelihood you reach your maximum yield potential next year. Plus, you’ll help maintain your planter’s accuracy and efficiency while preserving its value. Find everything you need and shop parts at MyCNHiStore.com or tap into the expert service at your local Case IH dealer.